Today is my birthday and for those sending my birthday wishes, let me share my wishes in specifics:
1. The current government at Federal and States levels need to involve more youth in the decision-making process. They bring innovative ideas that will help solve many of the current challenges we face. Most of us over 40 still approach these challenges the way we did in the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, 00’s but times have changed significantly. TRUST THOSE WHO BELONG TO THE NEW ERA.
2. Our political parties needs an increased number of credible Nigerians registered as members and participating in party politics, to ensure we increase internal democracy and improve the quality of candidates at elections, the elected officials after elections and the quality of manifestos and political debates. GET INVOLVED IN PDP, APC, KOWA, APGA, LABOUR, NCP or form a new political party.
3. For Nigeria to become a developed nation, it is critical for men to break mindsets handed down to us by our forefathers. Men need to break the silence over their various struggles and become more vulnerable. We need men who are comforted with their emotions and serve their families, community and nation from the heart. MEN ARE PILLARS OF THIS NATION AND NEED TO CHANGE URGENTLY.
4. When men change, they will be comfortable with women becoming all that they can be. Women are the best tool for poverty eradication and need to be empowered by fathers, husbands, bosses and government. LET US GIVE WOMEN FROM ALL PARTS OF NIGERIA GREATER OPPORTUNITIES.
5. The church is the biggest influencer in Nigeria. She has failed in her duty in the marketplace. This is the time for her to change her message to her members and then mobilise her resources (human and financial) for national transformation. LET THE CHURCH (THE INSTITUTION) LEAD IN NATION-BUILDING EFFORTS.
6. One of our biggest failures, if not the biggest, is that of parenting. Of course, we have failed as a generation but we must not allow the next generation fail. We have to invest the right messaging and confidence into them to ensure they succeed where we failed. PARENTS, TEACH YOUR CHILDREN TO BECOME NATION-BUILDERS.
If you and I improve in our parenting, get more involved in governance, transform our men, empower women, get more youths involved in national matters and lobby the church to lead from the front, we will not only build a developed Nigeria but WE WILL LEAD THE TRANSFORMATION OF AFRICA AND THE EMANCIPATION OF THE BLACK RACE.
These will always be my birthday wishes and may God cause them to come to pass, in my lifetime or after I have done my bit.
YOU AND I ARE NEEDED.